SAVE THIS RECIPE! Another easy go to, delicious recipe for the family. This was so good we had it two nights running🤤
Ingredients for meatballs
– 500g beef mince
– 250g pork mince
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 1 egg
– 3/4 cup of fine breadcrumbs
– Handful of spinach, finely chopped
– Pinch of salt and petter
– Pinch of mixed herbs
Ingredients for sauce
– 700g bottle of passata sauce
– 1 cup of water
– 1 crumbed beef stock cube
– 1 teaspoon minced/crushed garlic
– 1 teaspoon minced/crushed ginger
– Dash of olive oil
– 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
– Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
– Mix all ingredients for the meatballs together.
– Form mixture into balls and place them in the fridge (I did them the size of a ping pong balls).
– Heat oil in a pan on medium heat, add garlic and ginger until fragrant (usually less than a minute).
– Add passata, water and crumbed stock cube until it begins to bubble.
– Add meatballs to ovenproof tray/dish and spoon sauce over them.
– Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and place dish in the oven for 25 minutes.
– Sprinkle with Parmesan for extra cheesy goodness (optional) and serve with garlic bread (perfect for soaking up the sauce), rice, pasta or a fresh leaf salad.
Note: if you have an ovenproof skillet or pan you can add the meatballs directly into the sauce and pot the skillet/pan in the oven, removing the need for an additional dish.