It’s been a little while since I’ve posted a recipe. And today I’ve got a good one! My kids love quiche but it can get a little boring so to mix it up I’ve hopped on the band wagon and tried them in the ‘stand and stuff’ tortilla soft shells. They’ve been a big hit mainly due to the novelty of the ‘boats’.
I kept the mixture pretty plain as it was the first time trying it this way and I wanted them to eat it! The mixture was egg, cheese, bacon, milk and seasoning (told you it was pretty plain!). Then pour it into the shells, making sure not to overflow or they’ll fall over, and pop them in the oven. Next time I’ll hide some ‘herbs’ (spinach) and make more of them.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of grated cheese (I used a mix of cheddar and Parmesan)
- 1/4 cup milk or thick cream
- 4 cooked bacon strips, cut into small pieces
- Pepper and salt to season
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Cook bacon. Once cooled, cut into small pieces
- Whisk eggs, cheese, milk (or cream) and bacon pieces. Add seasoning
- Place sheets onto a baking tray. Gently pour in mixture, making sure not to overfill
- Cook in oven for 15 – 18 minutes
We’ve eaten these hot, cold, had them as snacks and in school lunchboxes. I’ve also frozen them and they’ve been eaten once thawed.