Sweet potato is a vegetable I love but don’t eat enough of. I’ve been playing around with a few recipes and I came across this one from The Merrymaker Sisters. I altered the recipe slightly and only used 3 eggs as found the mixture was moist enough – depends on the size of your eggs. It is a great way to eat sweet potatoes and a really easy, fast recipe which is always a bonus.
This batch made 12 fritters and I froze the remaining ones in packs of 3. It was easy then to pull them out for lunch or dinner, and I felt better after eating them than not being prepared and ordering take-away!
For lunch I added smashed avocado, feta and a touch of Himalayan salt and black pepper. For dinner I added a salad with green leaves, sliced avocado, feta, tomatoes and olives (or use whatever you have in the fridge!).
- 3 cups grated sweet potato (about 1 large sweet potato)
- 3 eggs whisked
- 2 tsp paprika
- Oil for the fry pan
- Squeeze out any excess juice from the grated sweet potato and place in a bowl.
- Add the eggs and paprika and mix well.
- In a fry pan on medium heat the oil.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out fritter batter; carefully form in to a fritter with your hands and place in to the fry pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes, flip, press down with a spatula, then cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Continue to do this with all the fritter batter.
- Eat and enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Sweet Potato Fritters”
Yum! Bet they’re a hit!!