I’ve been watching the Paleo diet with interest and wondering how easy the recipes are so I gave this one a whirl. The recipe was extremely easy and it took no time to put it all together. The photo above isn’t beautiful but the final result didn’t last long enough for me to take a photo! The recipe is originally from Pete Evan’s however I altered it slightly to suit what I had in the house.
- Olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 x 400 ml can coconut cream
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes until soft. Turn the heat down to low and stir in the garlic and spices.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Add the lemon juice, coconut cream and mix well.
- Turn the heat up to medium and bring the sauce to a simmer. Add the chicken and stir until well coated with the sauce. Cover the pan with a lid and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20–25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
I served this with cauliflower rice and it was devoured in no time! It’s one that’s now firmly on the meal planner menu.