I’ve been slack with these posts and I blame a busy school term, work, kids and life in general! As promised here is the recipe for the fabulous banana and raspberry jam bread I made. It was demolished quite quickly.
My eldest is quite picky about his banana bread. I’ve tried many recipes over the past couple of years and this is the only one he loves. I’ll be making another this weekend for the start of the school holidays.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup desicated coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 125g butter – melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tblsp raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease and line the base and side of a loaf pan.
- Combine flours, sugar and coconut in a large bowl. Whisk in butter, vanilla, mashed banana and eggs to flour mix.
- Spoon into prepared pan and dollop raspberry jam on the top swirling around.
- Bake for 40-45 minutess or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Enjoy warm or cold.