I made these for the kids and oh they are so good! Easy and quick which is essential when you’ve got kids or you’re on the run. Not much sugar in the recipe and they still tasted yum. I used a hand blender but any mixer would work. This recipe made 40 cookies – you could make more if you made them smaller. Next time I’ll add chocolate chips and drizzle them with chocolate or icing when they’ve cooled down.
Here’s the recipe – try them and let me know what you think.
- 250g unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups self raising flour
- 3/4 cup custard powder
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees fan forced (180 if not using fan)
- Line baking tray with baking paper/grease proof paper
- Cream butter and sugar well
- Add egg and beat well
- Add flour and custard powder. Mix – once it comes together start to mix the dough with a spoon. Don’t knead as it will be a soft dough
- Roll into balls (teaspoon size)
- Place on baking tray and press down using the back of a fork – I dip the fork in flour to avoid it sticking
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
- Dust with icing sugar