When our eldest boy started school this year I was looking for ideas for his lunchbox. Something easy to make in bulk, something I could freeze and something that still tasted yummy. I came across scrolls -an easy recipe and you can add whatever filling you like. I made pizza scrolls and Vegemite scrolls as a test before he started school – and they were gobbled up! Woohoo – food I could make, store and he’d eat. Our 3 year old also loves these.
- 2 x sheets puff pastry
- Pizza sauce or tomato paste
- Ham (or other fillings you prefer)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Once the puff pastry is defrosted spread sauce over them
- Add grated cheese, ham and/or other toppings
- Tightly roll the pastry sheet into a log
- Using a sharp knife, cut the log into pieces. Remember puff pastry will spread out slightly
- Put pieces on the baking tray cut side up
- Pop into oven for approximately 15-20 minutes or until golden
- Let them cool before diving in!